Shuttersmart Polyclad Wood Shutters are the best poly shutters available today. Each shutter is custom hand built with a strong solid hardwood core that is then clad with a poly surface. The shutters look and feel like traditional wood shutters but eliminate the maintenance challenges or‐ environmental hazards of painted wood.
Features & Benefits
- Unmatched Elegance – Beautiful, wide open and full views with our hidden rear tilt feature and the look and feel of a wood shutter with our WoodTex™ finish.
- Strong HardWood Construction – The solid hardwood core has the strength of a traditional wood shutter. Panels are made with hand-picked poplar and European Baltic birch woods not MDF or composite materials.
- PolyClad is Low Maintenance – The rigid Poly vinyl surface is clad over the hardwood. This surface will not dent, fade, peel or discolor. It’s easy to clean and durable.
- Superior Energy Efficiency – The Polyclad Construction with our high insulation Thermacore louvers insulate better than wood shutters, reducing your energy bills as much as 35% month after month.
- Twist Lock Tilt Rod Hooks Never Pulls Apart – Instead of staples, ShutterSMART uses a patented tilt rod hook design that twists and locks into each louver. These TwistLock™ hooks will never pull out of the louvers…Guaranteed!
- Solid Louvers also an Option – Available with traditional stapled in tilt rods.
- Triple Dowel Furniture Quality Joinery – The rails and stiles are joined using three two-inch hardwood dowels. This triple dowel joinery is only found in high-quality furniture, and ensures that panels never come apart.
- Fire Retardant Shutters – California Fire Marshall rated.
- Eco Friendly Shutters – The Poly resin materials are man‐made, Paint free, non toxic, recyclable and have the lowest environmental impact as found by the US Green Building Council. (USGBC)
- Lifetime warranty – A Lifetime Limited Warranty that covers not only construction but also the finish.
ShutterSMART is the leading PolyClad Wood Shutter in America. It has a Solid wood construction with a durable resin surface giving it the strength of a wood shutter while eliminating the aging affects of wood.